Advice Services Panel
The role of the Advice Services Panel is to oversee the delivery of the Advice Services Programme, led by Derry City and Strabane District Council. The Council with support from the Department of Social Development has established and funded this programme. This programme is delivered through advice service providers and aims to:
· Provide free independent advice and information to people who are in most need
· Ensure that advice is both available and accessible to all
· Make a real difference to the lives of people who are most in need in the community.
The Council currently funds the following five advice service providers throughout the Council area -
· Citizens Advice Bureau, Strand Road.
· The Resource Centre, Carnhill.
· Northwest Advice Services, Fergleen Park.
· Dove House Community Trust, Meenan Square.
· Rosemount and District Welfare Rights Group, Rosemount.
The above advice providers also offer an outreach service at a range of locations in the Waterside, Rural and City side venues. In special circumstances home visits can be arranged.
These providers give free advice services on the following matters; benefits, consumer protection, employment, money, debt, health, disability and immigration.